Monday, February 07, 2011

GoDaddy.com Super Bowl Commercial Equals FAIL

It is probably no surprise that I don't like GoDaddy.com commercials, especially during the Super Bowl. Their obvious attempt at using scantily clad women to draw people to their product isn't even tongue in cheek or even a cute, cheeky attempt at humor.  It's just dumb and contrived. 

Imagine my delight when I discovered the Network Solutions (I swear this is NOT sponsored) commercial starring Cloris Leachman.  Now this is an ad that makes me want to visit its website.



Adding in Blogher's very own Lisa Stone is just an added bonus.  I heart commercials that show people I have met and talked to and worked with IRL.  Who doesn't?  It's true too. We "geeks" want real answers to our tech issues and questions not women in leather flipping their hair and showing their tata's. 

GoDaddy.com commercial - 0.  Cloris Leachman Network Solutions ad-1

P.S. I really wanted to call this post, "GoDaddy Can Suck Cloris Leachman's Right Tit. "  But you know, I wanted to keep it classy. 

2 comments:

  1. While I'm not offended by the godaddy commercials for any sexist reason, I can certainly understand how women would be. What I AM offended by is how stupid the commercials are. The Network Solutions commercial, on the other hand, is fantastic!

    If godaddy had gone with this kind of approach, they could have even gone ahead and quickly shown the "godaddy girls" (I think it's weird that people who are already stars would want to be a "godaddy girl") and then brought in Cloris Leachman or Betty White to school them in how it's done.

    A bit of cleverness goes a lot further than T&A in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is priceless!

    I agree with you on the over-sexed Go-Daddy Commercials. I have to knock Danica off of my "chicks who kick arse" list just a little bit for doing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.