Monday, February 23, 2009

A Tiny Dictator Turns Three

How did we go from this relatively tame hair

to this insane but incredibly cute mess in just three years?!


Happy third birthday TD! It's hard to believe that just three years ago you were placed in my arms for me to hold and love forever. You looked up at me with those big eyes and you felt so warm. I remember thinking, "Well, of course you look like that. I always knew you would." But the hair? No. I could have never seen that coming. You are a loud, squealing risk taker like your father and a born nurturer like your Nana. You are sensitive and mercurial like your Momma. You instigate with glee and can be quite sneaky like me too. Am I allowed to say I'm proud of that or will it just encourage you further?

I love you little girl. You are quite possibly the sweetest, sunniest being I know.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:43 PM

    Happy B-Day! My daughter will be turning 3 on March 29. I am also proud of my daughter's "free spirit"--nothing wrong with that! I hope you all had a great day together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:43 PM

    I just came across your blog. Happy bday to your gorgeous daughter. My 4 year old son's hair is always a mess! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, happy birthday to her AND happy birth day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.