Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Things You Might Not Know

Dude, what is with the Facebook 25 Random Things About Me disease. Hey Kids! Everyone is doing it! Except me. Who has time for that? Here's five-

1. I sucked my thumb until I was ten. Yeah, that's right. It's cool. Not cool though was the four retainers, two sets of head gear and all the other orthodontia I had to have because I had bucked teeth worse than Melissa Gilbert when she was on Little House on the Prairie. I kid you not.

2. I have size ten feet. I can't walk up stairs normally. I have to go sideways half the time. Especially in heels.

3. I have a black thumb. Plants should not be brought into my abode. Not unless they consider themselves Dead Plant Walking.

4. Once I woke up in the middle of the night and all the skin on my body shed. It was like I turned into a snake overnight. It was disgusting, disconcerting and absolutely fascinating. Except when H woke up and realized he was sleeping with a lot of shed skin. He was not amused.

I'm sorry did you just puke in your coffee cup? Lucky bastard, you are drinking coffee.

5. When I was in high school I used to like to find back roads, park my car and get out and walk. E would accompany me. We lived in the smallest state in the country. We needed to find something to do after school that didn't involve joining a structured activity. I loathe structured activities.


To quote TD, "Now you play." Just put a random fact about you in the comment section. Let's all join in!!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:10 PM

    I can do a full split.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:39 PM

    Whistling makes me want to rip the lips right off people's shrill noise-making faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. Random Fact about me. I have a backwards tooth - so much so that my dentist said once that if I was killed in a plane crash that I would be the easiest person to identify by my dental records due to that backwards tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:59 AM

    I had the thumb sucking problem too. I got majorly made fun of by my sister, Vicky, for it. Luckily it never affected my teeth (didn't have to get braces). My other embarassing thing is that I can't ride a bike (yes another thing I got made fun of by my sister).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Melissa, I didn't get the training wheels taken off my bike until I was 11. I was such a bike wuss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:57 PM

    I can not touch the cotton in bottles of pills. I don't know what it's made of, but it makes me feel weird. Also, I HATE when people chew on popsicle sticks. GROSS.
    liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.