Monday, December 15, 2008

Random Questions #195- The Holiday Edition

Yes, it is 65 degrees and sunny but 'tis the holidays and all that good stuff so let's begin with the Random Questions shall we?

1. What's your favorite holiday song?

I have a few - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Wonderful Christmas Time (my all time fave actually. I dig Linda's Jazz hands) and Jingle Bell Rock. Pretty secular, n'est pas?

2. Is there a holiday tradition that you have or had with your family now or in the past that you simply must do each year?

H and I like to run around the house yelling, "Christmas Time!!!" while throwing our arms in the air above our heads. This year TD has begun to do it. Once one person starts it we just keep going. Pretty corny, I know but it stems from us being alone one Christmas with no family and we were feeling no holiday love so we did it to psyche ourselves up. Call it a the Christmas Wave if you will.

3. Is there a must have holiday food or treat?

H likes Snickerdoodles, my father eats Chocolate covered cherries and I like fudge. Chocolate fudge. mm... I have two batches in my house right now.

4. Is there a holiday food or treat that absolutely disgusts you and yet always shows up at your house each year? (Fruitcake is not an option.)

Um... head cheese. Kidding we do not eat that here. My grandmother used to make a fabulous looking Buche de Noel. Fabulous looking...and then you eat it's dry cakiness. Blech. Yet, each year I still want it. Ah, memories.

5. Holiday flick?

I'm partial to Home Alone, A Muppet Christmas Carol and Home for the Holidays. I know they are not classics but they put me in the spirit and I like wrapping gifts to family dysfunction.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:32 PM

    Vicky,
    I love your holiday questions!
    1. song-Josh Groban-O'Holy Night(goose bumps everytime I hear it) and Bing Crosby/David Bowie-Little Drummer Boy
    2. tradition- The Christmas Pickle Ornament on Christmas Eve.
    3. food-butter cookies/stuffing
    4. no such thing as disgusting holiday food
    5. movie- How the Gringe Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey. My daughters don't understand the humor yet. Jim Carrey is hilarious in this movie.

    Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.