Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Bathroom, My Sanctuary

Modern day motherhood is complicated. Um, scratch that.  Motherhood, whenever it is happening is complicated.  It was never not compilicated. 

According to a recent survey conducted by Ivory soap, 80 percent of American moms think motherhood is actually more complicated today than it was 20 years ago. Probably. I mean our lives are more complicated and the guilt is more complicated so why not, right?  The survey also found that 66% of Moms copped to hiding in their bathrooms for some alone time. 



Yup, I would install a mini-fridge in my bathroom if I could and live there sometimes.  It is my go-to space for peace and quiet. 


In no way sponsored but somewhat insteresting- Ivory recently launched The Soap Dish, a light-hearted social community that offers women an outlet to share in the everyday humor and honesty of their lives in an unapologetic manner.

2 comments:

  1. Hey that Soap Dish thing is good. I want to try it out some time. I think it can help a lot of moms out there to have a wonderful outlook in parenting. I also admit having gone to the bathroom just because I do not want to hear the noise made by my children. It is really complicated but fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:38 PM

    You crack me up! I miss you.

    Love,
    E

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.