Monday, November 21, 2011

Amazing Party Looks and Deals


Thanks to Walgreens for underwriting this post. I was paid as a member of the Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all mine. Visit http://moms.dailybuzz.com/channel/style.

It is pretty common knowledge that my other job is writing and testing out beauty products. I am not choosy either. From lipstick to liner, sunless tanner to hair serum I will give it a try. If it works I am on board. When the holidays roll around I go into a sort of hyper-drive in the make-up department. For amazing party looks and a break from the cold weather blues one of the first places I stop is my local drugstore.


One of the best places I have found to look my best each holiday season is Walgreens. I'm a sucker for their Essie nail collection. This month they have the brand new Cocktail Bling collection and soon to be released Luxeffects glittery top coat with texture. I cannot wait! You can find the whole set right there from "Bangle Jangle" to "Set in Stones". Did you know that setting off your nails with a bit of color is one of the easiest way to complete your party look?

Have more time and want more shine?  Check out the luxury hair care line from Frederic Fekkai.  It is a personal favorite of mine that I always keep stocked in my bathroom. Even better is that I can restock my own shelves from Walgreens.  The Fekkai Glossing Starter kit will get you on the right track for gorgeous hair.   Made with olive oil the shampoo, conditioner and glossing cream create gorgeous shine and help get rid of static cling in your hair. I use it almost year round because it is perfect for fine or color-treated hair that gets easily weighed down. 

Don't stop there though, creating the whole package for your office holiday soiree takes time.  You want your colleagues and your boss to see you at your best at and away from your desk.  This is where my absolute, all-time favorite mascara can help.  Lash Blast Fusion is a great volumizing mascara that stays put.  It has a tiny bit of glitter to it that gives lashes another dimension that works just like you.  The whole Cover Girl line at Walgreens is simple to use but adds a polished look that works for any party, be it holiday, office, happy hour or out with friends. 

So the next time you are looking to stuff some stockings, perfect your look for an upcoming event or simply try something new check out Walgreens for some really amazing deals and looks this season.

2 comments:

  1. We have a new Walgreen's coming in (soon, I hope...It's been in the planning stages forever!) near us and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love Essie and I have to get my hands on those sparkles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.