Monday, October 17, 2011

Where's the Purple?

It is a sea of pink out there during the month of October.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I have done the Avon Walk numerous times, worn pink, jeans on certain days of the month and many, many pink ribbons. Everything is pink this month has a price and proceeds go towards research and finding a cure for breast cancer.  It's wonderful. 

But where is all the purple?

Purple is the color for Domestic Violence Awareness.  October is its month too.  Yet it is rare to see a purple ribbon on someone's lapel or anywhere else.  I have one on my car all year.  Today I saw a woman in a mental health clinic wearing one.  That's it.  That is all I have seen. Did you even know that purple ribbons stood for Domestic Violence Awareness?  I did some digging and found some in other places too.

One of HelloCupcake's finest

Yes, it does say, "Real Men Beat Their Meat Not Their Women and Children."  Love it. 


*Images from hellocupcake.com and thisnext.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.