Thursday, September 08, 2011

Ten Years in the Making

After the year we've had I didn't think we would make it this far but we did it! *Victory lap and high fives for all* H and I celebrate our ten year anniversary today.



Ten years ago at 7 p.m. PST we said, "I do" in front of friends, family and a minister we met just ten minutes before. A half hour before the ceremony I had a bit of a freak out and had to have E get everyone out of my face for a moment and just let me breathe. The girl is still one of the only people I have ever met who can calm one of my panic attacks.



From desert living, skulls with eyebrows still attached, war and a few moves we made it through the first five years of our marriage largely unscathed. The next five years proved to be the real challenge. Three pregnancies, three births, three first years and no sleep. Multiple wardrobe changes (damn my need for that stylish maternity wear) and an ever expanding ass and thighs. New jobs, lay-offs, new careers and a business. Flipping houses, buying a drug house, making friends, creating a family and another move. It's been ten years of almost constant change and what has felt like sprinting through a marathon. We almost crashed and burned this past year but through the grace of God and Gottman we have survived.



I can truly say, Happy Anniversary H! I do love you more today than ever before. I am so glad that we made it work.









2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    Victoria, I'm helping snapfish contact people who want to participate in the Open Mic Salon commemorative book from BlogHer. If you're interested, please email

    Alyson.Campbell@porternovelli.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Happy anniversary and congrats!! I can't believe it's been ten years since we all gathered in Vegas. Here's to many more!! - E

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.