Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Drive-thru Schmive-thru

So, I was sitting on the couch the other night watching VH-1's 'Behind the Music' story on 50 Cent, (Yes, really, I have the tweets to prove it) and I saw the Drive-thru Diet commercial from Taco Bell.  See the story here.

Ummm..what?! 

Oh, right! All the items on the 'Fresco' menu are under 9 grams of fat.  Makes total sense now. Whatever.  I  get so burned up seeing this type of advertising ploy.  Do people really think this kind of thing works?  I don't want to hear one peep about that Jared guy either.  I got a whole bag of "Shhhh" sitting right over here if you are going to drag that tired example out.  You can't just order a bunch of soft tacos without sour cream and think you are going to be in a two-piece in no time. The only way real, healthy weight loss occurs is eating right, working out and keeping a positive frame of mind. 

Or you could just your bike through the drive-thru.  Heh.

1 comment:

  1. It's moments like this that make me happy to live outside of the U.S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.