Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Coffee with a Vodka Chaser, Please

I am surly today. Call me CPM - Cranky Pants Mason.

I decided that it would be a fabulous idea to suck just one more sunny ounce out of summer and hit the road with the girls again this week. Beach bound we got on the highway and down came the rain. Winds blew and tiny mouths became gaping black holes of want and whine accompanied by fists of fury and destruction. "I want, I want, I want..." It was all I heard until one of the dictators passed out along side the other despot in the back seat. Silence and sunshine ensued for much of the trip.

Until I got lost. Why is it that just when you miss a turn the peanut gallery in the backseat decides to create a list of demands so long and loud that you miss all the other eight turns the GPS is barking out at you in its super polite British accent? Suddenly your white knuckling the steering wheel and channeling Clint Eastwood. You switch to bellowing out wicked witch style phrases like, "Silence, you fools!" only to turn into Walter Matthaeu two seconds later.

Now, dark rain clouds threaten the day and I am red-eyed and fog-brained from lack of sleep. Both girls were up all night and in and out of my bed. When TD announced that she was afraid of the green and red sparkly thing with fangs lurking by my bed I almost called my own Mommy to come save us.

I see much beach side brooding and dark cloud watching in our future today. A steady diet of cupcakes, Bloody Mary's and Lattes also sounds pretty fab. Somehow though I don't think that last part is going to happen.

On the bright side, my email contained this little badge today. It made my day.

Blogger Black Book Top 100

Find me here as well. Never before seen photos uncovered!

1 comment:

  1. On a fun note, the Pumpkin Spice Lattes are starting today at Sbux!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.