Friday, May 29, 2009

The Hills They Break Me

Holy Mountain of Death... it must be ninety-bazillion degrees outside and my legs feel like they are in cement casings. Where is my runners high? Where in all that is holy and stamped with a Nike swoosh is my moment of running zen?!

I am deep in the trenches of one month of running. The times are getting longer and my body is telling me to quit. The hills in my 'hood are r-e-lent-less. I'm not playing around here and my lower body knows it. My heart having been gargled by Jillian for weeks beforehand is quite up to the task. My feet are sufficiently callused from years of doing the Avon Walk. It's my mind and my legs that are weak. They see another hill coming and just want to cave. The brain says, "Hey legs...psstt...legs...up here. Listen, you don't have to take this punishment anymore. Just slow her down to a trot. She'll live. You've done your time today. Trust me..."

Stupid brain. Always trying to make decisions for me like, "Hey lady, wouldn't you rather be watching 'The Hills' rather than running them? Now that sounds like a swell idea, doesn't it? Yeah... that's the ticket. Watch the show 'The Hills'. You'll be all comfy on your couch, feet all propped up. Not sweating..."

Twenty-five minutes today Internets. I've got to run twenty-five minutes straight. Already my brain is trying to talk me out of it. It's almost all hills.


Let's start the weekend off right, shall we? It's time for a little bloggy love. I've recently started reading these these blogs and I love them. Enjoy!

Zozo's Mom - Joslyne is funny and it is not just because she has a 'Suck it!' list or that I'm listed as one of her 'Heroes'. Really? I'm blushing. Thank you!! She also takes priceless and timeless photos of her child that always bring a smile to my face. And really? Pics of kids that I didn't birth, usually don't do that for me.

Camryn is the dean of Mean Mommy University and not only does she post some of the most hysterical pictures of herself (one word: ninja) she has a blog called Mean Mommy University, people. Camryn- I *heart* you. Is my acceptance letter in the mail? I feel as if I should already have tenure there.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the shout out! You really are my hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep waiting to get my runner's high too. It must be a myth, unless they're talking about the oxygen-deprived state I'm in when I'm nearly collapsed at the end of my runs.

    I'm not sure which I'd rather do though...run hills or watch The Hills. I'll have to get back to you on that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.