Monday, December 22, 2008

Overheards- The Gross Out Edition

H and I were having a bit of a chat last night and I asked him what some line was from the film 'In Bruges' that I thought was so funny. He recited it and I made the comment that, "Yeah, that one guy in it just never meets a good end in any movie he's in. I mean he falls from the tower and lands with a splat and then there's 'Gangs of New York' where he just gets brained in the barber shop with his own club. Sick!"

H: Thanks for all that nice mental imagery before I go to bed and head off to dreamland. Why don't you call me tomorrow at lunch time and tell me all about your first period. How's that?

Me: Oh. Sorry. Yeah, that type of stuff just doesn't bother me, does it? Yet, I was strangely disgusted by Krusty the Clown going into the wood chipper on The Simpson's today. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. That same stuff doesn't bother me, either. It's probably why I'm going into nursing - I can see nearly anything and not get sick.

    Certain smells, on the other hand, can really gross me out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.