Wednesday, May 28, 2008

And How Was YOUR Morning?!

Scene: Our house. About 3:30 a.m.

H: Ssshhh!!! Quiet Lex! I said, Quiet!!

I toss and turn wondering how it is even possibly that hot for the dog to be panting so loudly. It's not that hot.

Fifteen minutes later H turns on the ceiling fan and I wait for the dog to stop that loud panting which previously, until H began yelling "shush!" I had not heard.

Realize that the panting had quieted down but um... it smells like the coffee maker is on. WTF?! Did H set the timer on the coffeemaker last night and set it for...check clock on nightstand which now reads 4:41 a.m. Sigh...

How on earth can I be smelling coffee?! Great! Now I'm starving. Roll out of bed and eat crackers furtively in bathroom then proceed to get a bloody nose. Lurrve being pregnant. Sleep is for the weak.

Resume toss and turn nightly game that I now play with my aching hips and finally fall asleep sometime after 5 a.m.

T.D. wakes at 6:54 a.m. asking for her potty. Minutes later I'm downstairs getting her breakfast when I see the dog, Lex, streak past me at warp speed and head outside. She is a blur of black and white. H calls downstairs, "HON! Where is Lex?!" Uh-oh. I yell up to him that is she is out doing her morning bizness and what gives?

Apparently massive amounts of dog feces in the middle of the night can smell just like burnt coffee. Rock on.

After bathing the dog, cleaning up after her and dosing her on the deck with Pepto the morning could finally begin for H & I. How did you start your day?


*MPR has a sunless tanner comparison and a giveaway to be featured by Olive Kids.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Ok-that stinks! Your morning and the dog mess! When I was pregnant with my DS I had 12 bloody noses! It was the nastiest thing. Hope your day has improved by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:32 PM

    And I thought I had a bad day today. I didn't get to bed until 1:00 since I was traveling on business and had to pack my daughter's lunch for day care since my husband forgot to do that. As I pull the lunch bag out of the back seat, I noticed that her lunchbag was leaking milk & I realized that the cup that I grabbed from the fridge did not have the clear stopper on it (thanks, mom..she can't figure out how to use them!!). so, PP's lunch was soaked & so was my car as I used baby wipes to clean up the mess. To top this, I hand carried each lunch component into the day care, and PP kept saying "Hold You" which means "hold me." did she not see me carrying her milk drenched lunch? Then she hung on my leg as I waddled through the room to put her delectable lunch away.

    I thought I had it bad but you had me beat--nothing like mass piles of dog poop (that have been soaked into the rug)..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.