Thursday, March 15, 2007

Scrub Tina! Scrub!



So it's going to be one of those days...I'm feeling a little Joan Crawford like. Scary, I know, but Mommie Dearest traits probably reside in all of us at some point right? Please someone tell me I'm right! They are either deep below the surface or sometimes fearfully bubbling up a little too close on some days I think.

Now before someone sends me a nastygram about child abuse that is not what I'm talking about here. It's just one of those days where it's not even 9 a.m. and I already feel close to losing it. I think I just need some alone time. Me time. Time without someone at my feet, grabbing at me, or tripping me up as I wade through the sea of alphabet blocks and cracker crumbs. The dog is not an innocent bystander either. She's quite possibly the most evil little instigator out there on days like today.

Since we all got out of bed this morning the dog, Lex, and T.D. have been waging war on each other. I can easily say that a war of bananas is not pretty or easy to clean up on either one of them. The ants will surely come back to our house today if I missed even one ounce of banana smear on the walls. There is much pandemonium and mayhem ensuing every 2.5 seconds in our house. They bark/yell at each other, shove, lick, bite and run each other down. They both clamor for food and affection. I give. It's not enough today. They want more. The each want all of me every single second. I've already yelled at Lex to leave her "sister" alone and banned her from the den and office. I'm not a "Calgon take me away" girl. I am not prone to just looking off into the distance wishing for a peaceful moment. Nope. Instead I find myself feeling my blood pressure escalating and then about to lose it. Images of Faye Dunaway deluge my brain as she throws Ajax around a gleamingly blue-tiled bathroom. I laugh maniacally. I instantly feel bad, after all my throat is sore from screaming. That was a joke.

However, here is the kicker. When confronted with the fact that tonight is Girl's Night Out (GNO) on my block all I can think of is how I miss time with H. He's been working mad hours lately and hasn't been home much. I miss him. I want to spend time with him, but I know I also need time for me. I need time to Calgon it up, to feel pretty enough to go out tonight, and actually focus on what my friends are saying and not thinking of home life. If I don't get that time I will probably end up telling both the dog and T.D. to shape up or I'm putting them on a corner in a box labeled, "Puppies for Sale".

Anyone else feeling like it's not so bizzarre to want to hack up a whole garden of rose bushes and fruit trees at 3 a.m.?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this post spoke to me. I have many I'm-going-to-lose-it-and-it's-only-8:30am-days.

    My girls night out got cancelled tonight b/c of snow...aaahhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean by feeling a little "Joan Crawford like". Every once in a while, I'll yell, "No wire hangers!" just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.