Friday, March 16, 2007

Long Live GNO!


Yippiee!!! It is with great pleasure that I wish to announce that I got out of the house last night!!! At long last. I'm sure some of you out there know what I mean.

I get out of the house usually everyday be it the gym, errands, or a playdate, but Girls Night Out is different. We don't talk about our kids, there is sometimes alcohol and always laughter. Geez, that sounds corny. I don't care. I got me a pedicure last night chickies!! I feel purty. I normally ban that type of thing during Avon Walk training season, however there's an exception to every rule right?

When my girlfriend called saying we were all having wine and nails last night I immediately said, "YES!" I didn't want to come home even after my toes were a pretty ruby slippers a la Dorothy shade of sparkly red. I did though. I was in a much better state of mind and mood too. I actually cuddled with H. I do not cuddle. That is not my thing. I guess a coat of fresh paint really does some good.

Even today despite the rain and promise of more snow I am still bubbly and more lighthearted. It was really just what I needed and in the nick of time. There are only so many days I can feel like Joan Crawford before I actually do start wearing shoulder padded bathrobes and forcing T.D. to eat raw steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.