Friday, December 22, 2006

Ooof!


Oy! I'm tired. I'm a crap sleeper so the sheer fact that I was excited about sleeping in today did me in. I couldn't sleep. I woke up with a headache. Geez. I'm like an old man. A grouchy old man. Someone made a comment yesterday that my blog needs a 'moment of zen' once in a while.

The cantankerous old man in me says, "Phooey!" That's not what I'm about. I can appreciate it and it might happen. We'll see. Maybe I'll be a lot more smiley once I'm home with T.D. More smiley with a cleaner house and I make my own soap. Sure. That's plausible.

My own soap, cards, I'll knit and make preserves. I'll start growing wheat in our townhome's back yard too. H will come home one day I'll have T.D. working a loom. The dog will be whittling spoons in the corner while smoking a corn cob pipe. I bet I find a few moments of zen then.

For today though three levels of my home loom before me with dust bunnies, scuff marks and sticky spots to clean. It's the holidays after all. Time to showcase your house all polished and bright! My parents are also coming into town tomorrow so the race is on to spit shine the place or at least hide the evidence.

All I really want to do today is walk the mall finding a cute outfit to wear for a party tonight and maybe something for New Year's. Soap scum be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.