Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Night Sounds

Chheeeeeepppppppp!

Cheeeeppp!


About three minutes go by.

Cheeeeeepp!

There it is again!

"What is that noise?" I say aloud in a whisper to no one in particular. It is 4 a.m. and the house is dark and silent. It was cool outside last night so we left the windows open.

It's not a cat or a bug. Must be a bird.

Eee eeeeee eeee ppp!

Ok! I'm awake now. The hell?! H is now also awake and grumbles to me, "Thanks a lot! Thanks for waking me up at 4 a.m.!"

"What is it?" I ask.

H: "It must be T.D. snoring."

Ummmm... ok. A baby that makes high pitch chirpy/muffled cry sounds. I begin to think of that email forward that cirulates about the serial killer who plays the crying baby noise outside windows in hopes of luring out unsuspecting female victims. Great! Now I'll never sleep.


H: "Close the window! Geez!!" Slams a pillow over his head and falls back asleep. The dog is snoring away. T.D. is sound asleep as well.

The windows are closed and I lay there unable to hear that desperate sound. That is what is sounded like. Desperate but the same over and over again.

Two hours later I am leaving my house. As I step outside on my front walk I hear IT again! EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. This time it sounds more frantic and goes in much quicker fits and starts. It sounds like it's coming from across the street. It's either a wounded animal or my neighbors have someone in the trunk of their car.

It's dark and misty out and I continue to hear IT's urgent sound as I scurry to my car and hop inside. I lock the doors as I check the backseat. Nope, no serial killer with knife and rope in my back seat. My eyes dart around the outside of the car. Nope, nothing out there I can see.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.