Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Old Girl

When H and I first married he was gone a lot. There I was, in a new town, no job and a new military spouse who didn't live on base. To say I was lonely is a massive understatement. One weekend in San Diego and my heart was stolen by this adorable girl.




Today, Lex turns 10. She's survived toe cancer, a bite from a Copperhead snake, emergency midnight surgery to remove a suspicious mass (aka a web of carpet and melted plastic she choked down) and quite a few moves, flights and trips across the country. Did I mention the three kids? Daily she survives those little beasties by laying low and stealing their food right out from under them. They love her anyway.

So do we. Happy Birthday Old Girl. We love you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.