Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Overheards- Will Work for Ambien

I was out running around town today and overheard this cell phone conversation.

"I'm not going to be taking Ambien and job searching anymore. That just didn't work out too well."

Um... you think?  Geez.

I once took Ambien and didn't go to bed right away and I thought a giant vine-like claw was coming out of my closet to eat me.  I also thought there were hills in my hallway.  I had a friend who fought her vacuum once because she thought it was an alien attacking her apartment.  Writer Jen Lancaster has even been known to stockpile Barbies and have Pottery Barn furniture sprees while using Ambien.  But job searching? That seems like the final frontier in Ambien abuse.

5 comments:

  1. It was the scariest vacuum ever. I was seriously straddling it and punching the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:01 PM

    Oh sweet, sweet Ambien, how I love thee. I once crawled into bed with my Grandmother and chatted with her at midnight like it was noon. Then went to bed with Drew and sang "Maybe" from Annie for about 45 min before falling asleep. I don't remember most of it, but I think it was pretty fun.... -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went in to be induced they gave me half an Ambien to help me relax through the night. I slept through about 10 hours worth of contractions. It was awesome. (Don't worry, I felt plenty of contractions the next day. Muffin was a 24-hour ordeal.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been on Ambien CR 12.5mg for a while and it does not seem to work for me. I take it and I do not even get tired but feel drunk. The first day I was on it I got in my brand new car and wrecked it. When I take it and do go right to sleep, I still wake up every hour after that so I am not even actually getting restful sleep. I don't know why this medicine seems to work so well for everyone else on here and not work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ambien This medication still worked after over 4 years of use, but since going off of it and sleeping naturally, I've discovered what the real thing, "sleep", actually feels like. Ambien's "sleep" was chemically induced. The difference between natural sleep and Ambien's artificial sleep is quite profound. Give me natural, sleep any time. Ambien also causes weight gain over time due to hang-overs that never improve and therefore result in sluggishness and a complete halt to the "spring-in-your-step".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.