Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Healing Mama

I need a healing right now.  My mind is a whizzing blur of tangled thoughts. I feel like a glowing orb of sad feelings is just emanating from me non-stop.  Starting marriage counseling is probably for the best.  Once started though it gets the ball rolling for more open and frank discussions that are usually left unsaid.  That seems so much easier doesn't it?  Not in the long run for anyone of us I know but right now I feel like a pretty sucktastic person and mother.  I'm too addled and confused to feel real relevant or like I am imparting any wisdom and life skills on anyone. 

So I'm going to do something nice for someone else.  Crunchy Chewy Mama has a friend in need. Liz has always been there for Jessica when she was in need and now Liz, a mother of young children, has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I know you are probably thinking- "OK. We get it! People you know have breast cancer! You, like, care a lot about it, and stuff." 

Here is the thing.

Liz doesn't have insurance.  She needs treatment to be there for other little people. To impart her own love, life lessons and wisdom on them for years to come. So do something real, unselfish and giving today.  Be there for Liz and visit Help to Heal Mama.  If you know of a way to offer help to her and her family- offer it. Please.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:48 PM

    I wish there was something I could do for her. I am also uninsured and understand how scary that plight is. It is hard to believe there are people our country fighting tooth and nail to see that she and others like her remain uninsured. I am sending her positive thoughts, prayers and energy (and sending these things to you as well). -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady!

    Where does Liz live? I'll do some poking around and see if I can find something in her area.

    C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.