Monday, March 01, 2010

I Dream in Facebook

It's true that I've been known to "think" in Facebook before.  Now I'm apparently dreaming in Facebook.  I woke up this morning only to realize that in my dreams last night I had taken a job at Facebook.  OK, I might also  be reading too many online Bachelor (on the wings of loooovvve..) forums lately but that's not the point.  As I spent my first week getting acclimated in my new job at FB, what I did I'm not entirely sure, I realized that all the people I worked with were people I had had 'friended'.  For reals, y'all.  This dream was a straight up social media nightmare.

Everywhere I turned in my office I saw someone's goofy profile picture.  Status quotes hung above their heads changing frequently as they posted yet again another mind-numbing stimulating thought about what they were doing with their day.  Do you know what it is like to work with someone you haven't seen since elementary school? This office was riddled with old conflicts, past jealousies and tired wounds.  Stressful didn't even begin to describe it. 

I think it is time I take a long, hard look at ol' FB.  I've been trying to declare it dead for weeks now anyway.  It's so 2009 after all.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE FB. But many of my College/Grad School pals are on there, and nowhere else. So I stay. Plus I have a wee little competition going with my husband and daughter on CafeWorld. So there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, I love FB. I can't imagine my life without it. And don't want to, either. Sad, perhaps. But it's been my "friend" for 5 years now, so I think I feel somewhat of a loyalty to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.