Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dial 911 to Get Rid of Unwanted Stuff

The other night I went in to check on TD as she lay sleeping. As I tucked her in I heard a loud rumbling engine in front of my house. Upon peering out the window I saw that an ambulance was parked out front and the driver was exiting the vehicle and walking up to my front steps. "What the..." I said to H and we both ran down the stairs. Everything seemed OK in our house. The alarm had not gone off. What the heck was going on? Did Lex the dog suddenly decide to go the way of the Chicken McNugget lady because we are out of dog treats?

We opened the door, both standing there, surprising the ambulance driver as she hadn't even knocked on our door yet. "Oh! I'm here to pick up the puzzles?" She said. "Puzzles? What puzzles?" I asked. "The puzzles you are giving away on Freecycle? Wait. Do you not know what Freecycle is?" She said. "No, no. I know what Freecycle is, I just don't have any puzzles for you..." I answered.

H and I looked at each other perplexed as she stood back and looked at our house number. She repeated our address to us to which we both nodded in unison. "I'm sorry. It's been a long day. I was supposed to pick them up at five o'clock." She said. I glanced at the kitchen clock stating it was almost 9:30 p.m. "No problem. Have a good night." I said and I shut the door.

I looked at H, blinked a few times and he looked at me. "Well, there's our tax dollars at work." He said and we headed off to bed.


I'm up over at DC Metro Moms today and I'm talking about 'Feeding Your Soul'. I'm also giving away a $50 gift card from Smarty Pig over at MPR.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.