Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Alone Again

Well, this is odd. There are dishes in my sink. They have been there all day too. I don't know why they are not in the dishwasher or already clean and sparkly in my cabinets.

Oh, right.

My Mom left last night. There's no one to answer TD's endless "Why?" and "Why not?" questions that just go in circles either. The laundry is done, but for how long? The house seems so quiet without the whistling of the tea kettle throughout the day and evening.

There's no one asking me why I continue to own an iron that doesn't recoil properly or where my paper napkins are.

It's downright disconcerting on some levels.

Who will cook dinner tonight?

Oh, right. Now I remember... me. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.