Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Overheards

Scene: Guestroom at my parents house. H & I have become incredibly lazy taking long afternoon naps in the summer heat. We have holed ourselves up in this room like teenagers with paperbacks, wi-fi, drinks and snacks. The dog doesn't even enter this domain.

H: I'm thirsty. Go downstairs and get me water.

Me: Um... I'm thirsty too. I'm pregnant and dehydrated....

H: Ha! Get to it little woman!

Me: I'm on vacation!

H: Moms, don't get a vacation and your womanly duties are seriously lacking lately. You should be vacuuming and ironing my shirts or something...

Five minutes later, I have my water.


I'm not even going to discuss the amount of clamcakes I've consumed in the last few days and how yes, Mr.X they do exist. They are not and never will be RI crab cakes. Just ewww.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:54 PM

    Oh, how I miss those fried morsels of clammy goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.