Monday, April 07, 2008

Apparently I'm a Dork

I find it very interesting to come home from these blogging junkets. After spending days talking RSS feeds, traffic, monetizing, getting all twitterpated from twittering and generally living in a bloggy bubble coming home is the equivalent to having all the air sucked out of said bubble and hearing a loud popping noise. That noise could easily be described as my coolness factor slamming the back door shut as it runs down the street very far away from me. Apparently, I'm now a dork.

At least according to H.

When I came home on Friday night from Camp Baby I was brimming full of news. I had photos of me and my fun blogging friends, I was excited about meeting my favorite blogger and wanted to share all that I had learned and gleaned from the trip. As I began to talk about the insane amount of twittering going on I noticed H smirk. Then snort. Then snigger a bit and leave the room.

What?!

When I pressed him for an answer he just smiled and said, "It's cute." WTF? Cute?! I'm not a pink bunny rabbit dammit! What's cute?! He elaborated with, "A few years ago I would never have believed it if someone told me you would be all geeked out and into this type of stuff. It's cute, really, in a dorky sort of way."

Awesome.

While I consider myself one of the least 'in the know' bloggers when it comes to tech stuff I do love learning new things about all things blog. What I find amusing is that until this week I was practically a Twitter virgin. I had an account that I never used.

So really, if I'm a dork. That's fine with me. I don't mind. At least I can say I like what I do everyday. For that I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22 PM

    We're all dorks together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embrace the dorkdom. Because come July, you're going to be surrounded by 1,000 dorks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.