Friday, December 28, 2007

Overheards

SCENE: My house. Getting ready for bed last night.

Me: Why didn't you tell me I had orange stuff all on the side of my face? What is that?!

H: Oh. I thought it was for your zit.

Me: Nice. NO!

H: Well, that thing is scary. It was talking to me during dinner saying, (using a voice as if the zit has possessed him) "H! ME HUNGRY! GIVE ME CHOCOLATE! HOT CHA CHA. ME WANT HOT CHA CHA!"

Me: That is so mean! As if I don't feel bad enough with T.D. touching it today saying, "OW! boo-boo Momma! Ow!!!" with my bad hair that desperately needs a haircut, my Santa bowlful of jelly belly right now and now this zit. Which isn't that bad!! You are so mean. Do I say mean things to you about your gray hair? No! I don't point out things like that on you. (I scoot to the other side of the bed and turn my back to him.)

H: Awww honey... I didn't mean it. (A bit of silence) You know this gets me thinking, now I know what I'm going to get you for your birthday.

Me: (Silence, deep controlled breathing.) I swear it better be a weekend away and you are not about to make some joke about a zit-zapper.


Twelve hours later....

Changing T.D.'s a.m. diaper.

T.D.- Oooh! Momma! BOO-Boo! Boo-boo Momma, boo-boo! Ooohhh!


I'm going back to bed. If anyone needs me I'm the one with a bag over my head.


COUPONS and NEW REVIEWS here. Kids shoes, green car washing products and more!

Also a BIG THANK YOU to whoever nominated me for The Best Mom Blogs EVER! Thanks so much! What an honor!!


NEW NEWS! I'm going to BlogHer 08! Who is coming with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.