Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stupid Gray Sweater

Sometimes I dream about an old gray sweater. It reeks of death and when I wake up from a long night tangled in my sheets unable to get away from this sweater I am angry. I want to never think of it again. It's like a piece of rotted flesh that I wish I could cut out of me. But I cannot. If only it were that easy.

It seems that recently this old gray sweater is hanging out a lot in the depths of my subconscious. Like an old splinter it is rising to the surface. It begs for attention and I hate to give in. I want it gone. Yet I am unsure and scared on how to do so. I am out of my depth here and floundering.

After one of these sweater nights I am haunted for days. I am prone to staring into space or tearing up for no reason. I cannot sleep. I am haunted and hunted by this sweater. I will find myself running errands and then crying. Again I get angry. It is apparent that I need some sort of closure. How to do that is unknown to me, but until I figure it out I know that I will keep dreaming of that sweater. It repulses me with it's tattered sleeves, stretched out neckline and unflattering silhouette. It smells of death. How do I put this sweater to rest?


Anyone with even a clue on closure should feel free to pipe in because telling it to die in my dream, burning it and even attempting to destroy it has never worked.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 PM

    I don't know, but your dream defninitely means something!

    I know of a man who does a lot of dream interpreting. He's a Christian and has a ministry to help people understand their dreams, and deal with them too, I think. I really believe that there's an answer and help for you.

    Here's his website:
    http://www.streamsministries.com/

    Please let me know if that works out for you, if you remember...

    I hope this helps!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I know exactly what the gray sweater is but in the dream it is code. It is the closure I am unsure of. How do I get it, etc. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.