Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ooh I Won a Toyota Prius! Did You?

Who knew I had such a winning streak? Who knew I was this lucky? I didn't! But it seems that I am especially lucky with the British Gaming Commission. Those folks over there just love me. They love me at least three times a day.

Everyday I win something from them. Sometimes it's a million or so pounds, sometimes just a few hundred pounds. A few times it's been an exotic getaway for two. But today? TODAY IT'S A CAR! Lucky me!

Just look at this!

Toyota Car Promotions Department
2 Lansodowne Row, Berkeley Square,
London,W1j 6h, United Kingdom
CVR-nr. 25554493.

YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS WON THE 2007 TOYOTA PROMOTION

This is to inform you that have been selected for a Cash prize
of£600,000.00.(Six Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) and a brand
new
Toyota Prius car International programs November held 2007 in London Uk.

You can view our website to view your car
(http://www.toyota.com/prius)

Description Of New Toyota Car to be Shipped to you.
Miles:New.......................Doors:4 doors or more
Transmission:Automatic............Interior:Tan
Engine:4 - Cyl....................Year:2007
Warranty:Existing.................Cruise Control
Title:Clear.......................Exterior:Red
Condition:New.....................Engine: 1.9L DOHC MPFI VVT-i
16-valve 4-cyl engine w/integ
CD Player.........................Side Airbags
Passenger Airbag..................Driver Airbag
Anti-Lock Brakes..................Air Conditioning
Power Windows.....................Power Locks

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
computerized email selection system(ess) from a database of over 250,000
email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world.This Toyota
carLottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by
theThe International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).This
promotional carlottery is the tenth of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public.

To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact your claims
officer through our accredited Prize Transferagents as stated below:

Mr.Page Thomos
Email:page_thomos44@hotmail.com
Phone Number:+447045768085

When contacting him, please provide him with your secret pin code
and your reference number .You are also advised to
provide him with the under listed information as soon as possible:

CLAIMS REQUIREMENT:
1.Name in full :
2.Address :
3.Nationality :
4.Age :
5.Sex :
6.Occupation:
7.Phone/Fax:
8.Present Country:

If you do not contact your claims agent within 7 working days of this
notification,your winnings would be revoked.Winners are advised to keep
their winning details/information from the public to avoid fraudulent
claim (IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner.

Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Regards
Mr.Tedy Lee.
Lottery Manager.


But you know what? I don't think I really want a Prius. I'm going to give it up. Let them pass it on to some other lucky soul. We're just fine driving our 10 yr. old Toyota and newer Nissan. Besides I bet they would give me some ugly color. You know like purple? The color that sells the least on a sales lot. Also? Why can't a local Toyota dealer just deliver one to me? Why does Toyota want to go to such expense as to ship an American-made car to me from Britain. Hmmm.....

I'm mighty suspicious of anyone who wants this much information yet seems to have my email address. Do you think that maybe it's just a phishing site? That there is a reason this just ended up in my spam mail and not say on the end of a telephone line or at my front door? Does anyone else find it odd that the Toyota promotions department is the UK? Or that the Lottery Manager spells his name Tedy with only one 'd'? This whole thing reeks of scam.

So sad too because of course any winning car I would have received I would have just given away to charity. I win so much from the British Gaming commission I've grown tired of them and I'm passing my winnings on. Tsk Tsk...


***Don't forget to check out the new reviews here.
I just finished reviewing the book, The Daring Book for Girls, and it's a must read and must have for any girl age 8-18. PBN has more reviews too.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 AM

    LOL, Great Post! I have an unclaimed check for $300,000! Trade ya for that Prius! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:58 AM

    bwahahahaha, lets drive your new Prius to the airport and cash in that trip to Jamaica I got!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.