Thursday, September 27, 2007

To Check Out and to Ponder

Ok, there is a whole lot I want to cover today. First things first. I've become a contributor to this great site that I just have to share. I'm honored to be writing there and be surrounded by such a diverse group of writers. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this endeavor so please click here and to read my first piece that I alluded to in Desk Jockey the other day go here. Now read! Go forth and spread the word about Moms Speak Up!

Next up is this little tidbit I found in the NY Times yesterday. There I was idling in line at SBUX and I noticed the headline 'He's Happier, She's Less So' and it immediately spurned me to pull out my dorky notebook I carry around for "writing thoughts"/errands to run and jot it down. After reading it I can see the point it is trying to make but it just doesn't jive with me. Mainly because in most of these situations I have come to realize that while sometimes I start to circle the drain of obsessive thoughts of being "hotter", "happier", with a cleaner house than anyone else, they are just that-obsessive thoughts. It's also usually by then that H has started mumbling under his breath about me to-

1. Get a grip and stop acting like a loon.

2. Realize it doesn't matter

3. Stop acting like my mother (the whole cleaning/bestest hostess frenzy thing)

I can admit to being guilty of all of this stuff. To letting it all get the best of me and making me terribly unhappy but only for a small while. Then I shake it off and realize that I have only one life and all that isn't worth worrying about. I also have a REALLY grounded spouse who calls me out on this type of stuff. While we are on it keeping up with the Joneses or buying a house that makes you unable to do anything but sit in that house for the next few years also fits into this articles realm. If you don't believe me just read, The Yellow Wallpaper, and you can catch a glimpse of what might become of you if you stay locked inside for too long.

Now before I get down off my solidly built box today, I urge you to also visit the League of Maternal Justice. Whether you are a Mom or not it doesn't matter. All that matters is that you are supporting women. This site has a lot going on and it's worth a peruse. They have a wealth of resources on all things breast and are a powerful group of women. I can already hear them roaring. Plus I like the buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.