Monday, February 05, 2007

Mommy's Time Out


We Mom's sure are in the news these days. The cocktail playdate debate continues and just yesterday the Washington Post ran this article about Mom's playing Bunco on 'Mom's Night Out' and having a sip or two of chardonnay. The wine shown was actually the wine pictured above. Yes, ladies it really does exsist. Isn't it fabulous? First, 'Mad Housewife' wine now this one. I love it. It's kitschy yeah but who cares. It's like the perfect joke gift to give a Mom on your block.

Anyway, I digress, sort of, this whole debate about Mom's drinking on playdates or even drinking after the wee ones go to bed is so hot right now and I think it's nuts. It's as if women should be above drinking and we should always comport ourselves in some unrealistic stepford type way. I don't know about you, but the mere inkling of that idea makes me not only shiver in replusion, but suddenly feel hot and itchy. I run away from those types of women and fast. They creep me out with their expectations and ideals on what a woman's place is. A woman's place is whereever she feels it should be and not confined to one location or ideal. I'm not judging that type of person, it's just not for me and I don't like being squashed into a box or judged in turn because I'm not that kind of mother. So really who cares if you have a sip or two of shiraz while out with the girls. What's up with the Mommy police these days anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.