Monday, January 08, 2007

Now Back to Your Normally Scheduled Program


The saga continues. The I'm quitting my job saga. Ok, not really. What I've found in the last few days since my clearly unsurprising announcement is a nice sense of peace. Contentment if you will. A state of zen I haven't had since oh say, maternity leave? That and the people in my office are incredibly nice and supportive about it all.

It's not just that I'll be staying home with T.D. teaching her shapes, colors, words, and how to hate Howard Stearn, but also no more waking up at 4:30 a.m. The commute? Gone. I'll miss some of the interaction with colleagues I'm sure, but I'll also be doing what I love. I realized this fully on Saturday.

There I was in the gym, T.D. in the playroom chatting up a 9 year old who was besotted with her, and I'm doing my cool down. As I stretched I realized my anxiety and nervous energy was gone. I wasn't worried about money either. I just knew it would all work out. We'll be ok. I looked at myself in the mirror, my chin on my kneecap, and knew it would be ok. I will not worry about staying home or quitting anymore. My secret is out. I can breathe again.

I can also go full on crazy writing and selling Arbonne now which I have to say, I totally love doing. I spent the weekend doing both and juggling T.D. and her crimes. It wasn't bad. I liked it. I felt more competent and relaxed than I do after work each day that is for sure.

So that is your feel good for the week. The moment of zen. A break from the rants. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll think of something soon to freak out about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.