Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's Sing Along Time Boys & Girls!


I'm going to be upfront right now and say that sometimes, ok almost all the time, H and I have kind of a sick sense of humor. It's what got us dubbed as the 'The Means' and 'The Evils' to begin with. But last night even I was surprised as to the levels that we can go. And then almost pee our pants laughing at.

Scene: T.D. has just had a bath. She's all sweet smelling and cuddly while H is drying her off on the changing table. I'm bustling around the room putting things away and whatnot. Suddenly I am tuned in to what H is saying to T.D. in a sing song voice perfect for singing nursery rhymes. G-rated nursery rhymes.

"Put the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose." "It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose...."

All this while he is putting baby lotion on T.D. T.D. who is smiling and giggling the whole time.

I turned around and said, H! You cannot sing that to her. That is sick! That's just great! What are we going to do when T.D. comes home from nursery school one day after saying to the whole class, Hey everybody! I have a new song to share! Cut to a visual of T.D. at age three dancing around like that freak from 'Silence of the Lambs' in his skin cape and makeup. That's great I say, Just great! Then H starts dancing around and singing it more and adding some Hello Clarice's in there for good measure. At this point, I can no longer be serious. I almost choke on my water I'm swallowing and pee my pants as he continues his impromptu re-enactment of this film starring T.D.

That kid is really going to need some expensive therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.