Thursday, August 10, 2006

I knew there was a reason I liked her

Yeah, I'm a Gwyneth fan. I always have been. I like her movies, her not so wonderful but decent singing voice, and the honesty she seems to project. I say seems because really nothing is ever as it truly seems. Anyway, read on if you want.
How Gwyneth Paltrow Lost Her Baby Weight (Trainer? Lots of time because of Nanny?)
THURSDAY AUGUST 10, 2006 08:05AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Gwyneth Paltrow and a canine companion

Photo by: Courtesy Harper's Bazaar


Even Gwyneth Paltrow worries about losing her post-pregnancy weight, although she says she's been less stressed since giving birth to son Moses in April than she was after she had daughter Apple, 2.

"The first time, you are horrified," she tells Harper's Bazaar in its September issue. "It's all lovely when you are pregnant; but when you are not pregnant and you haven't been for a couple of months and you are still carrying tons of extra weight and everything's all hanging and sagging, you think, How is this ever going to go back? But it does. If you do a lot of working out."

Both times she was expecting, Paltrow, 33, says she gained 40 lbs., and lost 20 by the time she came out of the hospital.

"With Apple I kept the extra 20 pounds on until she was three months old, and then it came off," she says. "And that's exactly what's happening now." She's been working out, "but not dieting, because I am a milk machine."

But should anyone think her figure is perfect again, Paltrow says, "They should see the cellulite on my thighs right now." (Whoo HOO a woman admitting to cellulite!)

Still, the woman once known for her alcohol-free macrobiotic diet has loosened up. Her vices, she says, are "California and New Zealand pinot noirs." Once the kids are in bed, "I come downstairs, pour myself a glass of red wine and sit in the garden" of the London home she shares with husband Chris Martin.

Any beauty secrets she'll pass on to Apple? "Drink tons of water, and wear sunscreen," she says. "And I really do think that if you eat fresh, organic, good food, you look like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.