Monday, August 28, 2006

Date Night! Part Two

Friday was Date night, with a capital D. I was a bit nervous about leaving T.D. with a new person, as was H, but it worked out quite well. In the end. I did have a moment of panic at the end of the night but more on that later.

I just have to say that EVERY parent needs to find a sitter. This whole "my child is too precious" to leave with anyone bullshit is just that. Seriously. Mommy and Daddy need a break and need some Mommy and Daddy time or they start referring to themselves as Mommy and Daddy. Yeesh!

We didn't do anything big. Just dinner and a movie. It made a huge difference though. At one point the hostess was seating us at our table and said, "Oh, I'll put you here away from the baby." At first I was a bit put off thinking, "Well, that's not nice, I would feel awful if she said that about us and T.D." Later I was happy that we were a bit on our own and it felt like the old us again. No checking on T.D. or even hearing the other baby. It was nice. I think I even felt younger. After dinner we had a bit of time so we roamed the mall attached to the theatre. I found myself in the kids clothing section which I normally don't go to. Suddenly my arms had tons of cute and totally unneccesary stuff for T.D. I settled on two things and that was that. Again I thought, it is nice to not have the stroller to manuever. Off we went to the movie.

H and I had decided to see 'Little Miss Sunshine'. Let me just say- that movie was the funniest one I've seen in a LONG time. The link is in the title. H almost fell out of his seat laughing and I had tears rolling down my cheeks. The cast works extremely well together and it has a nice mix of funny and sad. I highly recommend forking over the $9 bucks to see it. Go now! Run to your little multiplex and pee your pants.

After the movie we headed home to relieve our new sitter. T.D. was sound asleep in her crib her dictatorship secure and the sitter didn't seem any worse for wear. She said she fed T.D. and put her to bed at 8 p.m. like we asked. Good. H drove her home and I wandered the house picking up. By the time H got home I was getting a little worked up. There were no bottles in the sink, or around the house. Nothing in the dishwasher or even in the trash (Yes,I checked). H then discovered that all three bottles were still in the fridge. Hmmm... I roam the house again. I check more trashcans. Maybe she thought they were disposable bottles? Huh. Nothing. I look for baby food containers. No dirty spoons, bowls or even cups. Yet somehow T.D. is asleep. I'm freakin' out man. Did this chick just lie to us? The bib is even clean though it's in a new spot. I'm so perplexed! H asks if I want him to call her at home. No! No! I'm fine I say as I go back downstairs and check the office. Maybe she used our computer? I rummage the trash again. Nothing! What is going on?

I finally settle in to bed. T.D. will probably wake in the middle of the night starving. But you know what? She didn't. In fact, she woke up an hour later than normal. Come morning I look at the bottles in the fridge again. An ounce is missing from one. So that's it. I did say to the sitter that T.D. can refuse a bottle. So I guess she did. See, now I'm really glad I didn't call that poor girl and unleash my freaked out momminess on her. She would have never come to sit for us again and that would be a tragedy all of its own.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! We've already started calling each other "Mommy" and "Daddy" At least we have a regular Friday night sitter for date nights.


Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.