Thursday, July 27, 2006

In the Midnight Hour


My life feels so repetetive right now. It's not the get up, go to work, drive home, go to bed repetetive though that is in there daily. It's the wake up EVERY hour EVERY night thing that is going on in our house. Since Sunday T.D. has decided that a simple 12 hour rule is not adequate enough. Oh no. Now she's taken it to a new level of servitude. Now she wants H and I at her beck and call all 24 hours of the day. As I said earlier this week, I can only guess she's teething. I'm not going to assume it because we all know what that does. Ha Ha... I'm so tired I almost found that funny.

Last night, was the worst it went a little something like this:

8:45 p.m.: H says, "I'm tired, let's go to bed." T.D. has been in bed almost an hour. Sound asleep looking like the precious baby that she is. Sigh... I am not quite ready for bed but figure, What the hell, it's been a long day.

9 p.m. SHARP!: T.D. begins to cry. My body is in that almost asleep paralyzed state. I cannot move. Will H?

Uh, no. H does not move. He groans but he doesn not move. I cry- I'm getting there.......really I am.

11:15 or 11:17: I have no freakin' clue what time it really is but I know it's not that late. T.D. is up again. Pacifier in-check! Shuffle off to bed.

Somewhere in the vicinity of 1 a.m.: H gets up to attend to a crying T.D. Somewhere in this world a child sleeps. Sadly, it's not mine. Why isn't the teething stuff working? Note to self: write evil sleeplessness induced letter/diatribe/manifesto to "Little Teethers" company. In letter/diatribe/manifesto let them know exactly what you think of that cute cartoon baby that is smiling/mocking you from the tube.

2 something: I know I looked at the clock as I slid back into bed after putting her pacifier back and calming her down. But again, it was early. I know not the time. Only that I'm not sleeping through it.

3 whatever: OH MY GOD!! SERIOUSLY!!! I HATE "LITTLE TEETHERS"!!!! THEY SUCK!!!! THEY SHOULD BE RUN OUT OF BUSINESS AND TOWN!!!! Do I need to give the baby Nyquil and/or Nytol? Geez! I shuffle into T.D.'s lair and she is so upset. I reswaddle her because in her frenzy she has kicked her blanket down to the other end of the crib. The pacifier is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. It's meltdown time. Luckily my crazy brain remembers throwing the last ditch effort emergency pacifier into a draw. I quickly locate said pacifier and stuff it into T.D.'s piehole. She is sated. For now.

4:15 a.m.: Alarm goes off. I loathe anyone who has slept. T.D. is now sound asleep and happy. H is asleep and the dog is asleep. I sigh and hit snooze.

4:24 a.m.: Alarm goes off again. I hit snooze. Oh those precious nine minutes of heavenly bliss.

4:33 a.m.: Hit snooze again. Must try to get up.

4:43 a.m.: Huh, what? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4:52 a.m.: Still snoozing.

5:01 a.m.: Alright already! I'm up! I shuffle downstairs to start the coffee. As I shower, dress and get ready I listen for sounds of a waking dictator. Nope. Still asleep. I go into her room and watch her sleep. H is still asleep.

6:15 a.m.: Work. Another day. Will someone please notice my writing and let me do that the rest of my life because I need some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.