Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The creepy, funny and sublime- It's Question of the Week #104

It's a really sloooooow week at work this week, so I've had some time to think about things and wander around the office a bit. Here's some things I've noticed.

Creepy: Co-workers calling you Momma about 5 inches from your face or in your ear- ICK! It was bad enough when I was pregnant but at least I had the bump to keep people at a safe distance. Hey Buddy! Ever heard of personal space?

Also creepy- realizing that snot, spit, puke and other disgusting outpourings from your little one are not as bad as you thought they would be.

Funny: My husband actually using real sign-language to communicate with me one morning while Reagan was screaming in my ear so loud I couldn't hear him speak. Only thing-I'm not fluent in signing like he is so I still have no idea what the heck he was trying to say!

Funny, I thought I was tired before but no, I am really tired now. Sleep deprivation also does wonders for my sense of humor - it's called - I no longer have one. Poor Dom. Either that or I'm laughing hysterically at a really inappropriate time.

The sublime is just what you thought it would be the first smile, that first laugh that catches them by surprise and all the little things that make your day better even when you feel like blowing up the world or just mowing down a few slow pedestrians. Or even the not so slow ones.

So that brings me to the question of the week-

What creepy, sublime or funny this has happened to you recently? It doesn't have involve your child because maybe you don't have one!

Like always, thanks for reading! Life is pretty quiet right now which we all know won't last for too long.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:56 AM

    creepy - I was in Target yesterday and passed an guy that was staring at/thru me... weird, I thought.
    He then said "Oh, I like that face" as I passed him.
    Not in that - "You are pretty way" so much as a "I'd like it on my mantle" kind of way.
    I was thankful to be in a lit and public place while moving away from him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's always good to hear from a reader and not say, a robot.